A comprehensive view of the causes of cataracts
There are many causes of cataracts, which can occur in people of different genders and ages.
Various factors can cause cataracts. What are their etiology and pathology?
The following is a comprehensive introduction: (1) The lens of the human eye is like a transparent biconvex lens, and light condenses on the retina through it.
(2) When the lens is cloudy, the transmission of light will be disturbed, and it will be clear when you look at it. This cloud of lens is called cataract.
(3) Cataracts are divided into developmental, senile, concomitant, traumatic, toxic, metabolic disorders, leather steroids, and posterior according to their causes.
(4) Developmental cataract, also known as congenital cataract, has both endogenous and exogenous cataracts.
Endogenous causes are related to obstacles to the development of infectious diseases and are hereditary; exogenous causes refer to the damage to the lens caused by systemic complications of the mother or fetus.Chickenpox, mumps, hypoparathyroidism, malnutrition, and vitamin deficiencies can often cause it.
(5) The formation of senile cataract is mainly the denaturation of protein, the increase of insoluble protein, sodium and calcium content, the decrease of potassium and vitamin C and the absence of glutathione.
85% of the lens protein is crystalline albumin. Transforming albumin can be converted into insoluble protein. The older the age, the more the insoluble protein content; in addition, the lack of vitamin C, the change in the pH of the crystal, and the penetration of some toxic substances into the crystal can causeDenaturation of crystalline proteins, resulting in turbidity.
Oxidative damage to the crystals of the elderly is the initial cause of cataract formation. Risk factors for cataract formation include excessive drinking, excessive smoking, excessive women, and certain systemic diseases. However, the cause of senile cataract formation is still incomplete.Clearly, further research is needed.
(6) Complicated cataract is the opacity of the lens caused by certain eye diseases, such as iris ciliary body inflammation, choroiditis, retinal detachment, retinal pigment degeneration, glaucoma, high myopia and suppurative corneal ulcers, old eye trauma, etc.Eye disease slightly causes concurrent cataracts.
Traumatic cataracts include mechanical, radiation, and electric shock.
(7) Diabetic cataract is more common clinically in metabolic cataract.
(8) Leather steroid cataract is caused by long-term heavy use of leather steroids in local or systemic eyes.
(9) Posterior cataract refers to extracapsular cataract extraction or linear extraction of sediment, and residual leather and capsules become cloudy.
The diversity of things is also manifested in the cause of cataracts. So many causes can be attributed to eye diseases. A small eye has so many troubles. It can be seen that human health is difficult to guarantee.